Hydrothermal conversion of biomass in near or supercritical water. Innovative aspects Continuous processes for carbonaceous feedstocks conversion at high pressure up to Possibility of feeding slurries into continuous reactor at high pressure. Applications Wet biomass valorization via hydrothermal processes.
Waste-to-fuel strategy. Image gallery.
- Join Kobo & start eReading today.
- The Complete Soccer Goalkeeper.
- Learning from SARS: Preparing for the Next Disease Outbreak -- Workshop Summary.
- The Invisible History of the Human Race: How DNA and History Shape Our Identities and Our Futures.
- CIM Revision Cards: Managing Marketing Performance.
Contact person details. Showcase ID JP. Technology keyword s Solar thermochemical fuels,Solar thermochemical processes.
- - Application of Hydrothermal Reactions to Biomass Conversion by Fangming Jin.
- When Law and Medicine Meet: A Cultural View: 24 (International Library of Ethics, Law, and the New Medicine)?
- Bibliographic Information?
This book reviews the recent advances in hydrothermal conversion of biomass into chemicals and fuels, and consists of 15 chapters. It introduces the properties of high-temperature water, the merits of hydrothermal conversion of biomass, and some novel hydrothermal conversion processes, mainly including hydrothermal production of value-added products, hydrothermal gasification, hydrothermal liquefaction and hydrothermal carbonization.
This book introduces a new concept for counteracting the imbalance in the carbon cycle, which is caused by the rapid consumption of fossil fuels in anthropogenic activities in combination with the slow formation of fossil fuels.
Accordingly, the book is useful in conveying a fundamental understanding of hydrothermal conversion of biomass in the carbon cycle so that a contribution can be made to achieving sustainable energy and environment. It is also interesting to a wide readership in various fields including chemical, geologic and environmental science and engineering.